Relatively easy way to start paying attention to student thinking
- Helps teacher to focus lesson
- Consolidates learning.
- Gives info about student thinking, accountability; misconceptions and gaps
- For example, give students 5 minutes to do any activities we did today
- How are y=3x+2 and y = 2x+3 alike? Different?
- Mauricio added 4.75 and 5.6, she got 5.31. David got 10.35? Which of the two friends answers make sense? Explain fully. Where did the other friend go wrong?
- Simplify 3-4(x-2)
Key is how you use the results the next day.