Exit or entry tickets can be one of the most effective strategies for deepening learning and informing teaching.
- Helps teacher to focus lesson
- Consolidates learning.
- Gives info about student thinking, accountability; misconceptions and gaps
- For example, give students 5 minutes to do any activities we did today
- How are y=3x+2 and y = 2x+3 alike? Different?
- Mauricio added 4.75 and 5.6, she got 5.31. David got 10.35? Which of the two friends answers make sense? Explain fully. Where did the other friend go wrong?
- Simplify 3-4(x-2)
- Watch this video for a relatively easy way to start paying attention to student thinking: My Favorite No
- One of my all-time favorites: What did we do in class today (yesterday)? Add-ons can include: What was new? What did you discover? What questions do you have?
Have a plan. The key is to follow-up with the results.