Why Use MDTP Tasks?
- Help improve students’ ability to think and communicate effectively about mathematics.
- Learn about student thinking. Use that info to adjust teaching strategies and move learning forward.
Power of WRI (Written Response Items)
- Analyze student papers – learn more about student thinking
- Inform and guide class discussions
- Use analysis to determine next steps
- Setting expectations especially re MP’s
- MP 1 (make sense and persevere)
- MP 3 (viable arguments, critique reasoning of others)
- MP 6 (attend to precision)
For example, written response item: ARCOGR
- Coordinate graphing
- Distance on coordinate plane
- You might choose this task as a relatively easy intro to writing about math
- Not too advanced, gives students opportunity to work on communication and stretch knowledge and vocab of coord geo.
Register for access to these items here
You must be logged in to post a comment.