- Have students work individually first.
- Add new ideas from a partner (or correct on your paper)
- Share in your group (take turns)
- Whole class discussion
Concepts students could discuss?
- Multiple representations: table, graph, situation, verbal description
- Parent function
- Domain and range
- Rate of change
- Alternate forms of equation
- But, also coefficients, variables, etc..
- How might this be useful?
- When would it be helpful?
Look-Fors… Over time
Build up important math “look-fors” over time
- Don’t expect much the first time,
- This activity needs to be regularly repeated.
- Then next time…remember when we did the “what can you say about ___?” activity, what sorts of things did we talk about? Is there anything we could add now?
- About student interest and engagement…they will be frustrated at first, but grow to like it.
- Don’t forget to try with different representations