Improving Students’ Mathematical Understanding
A Five Session Workshop Series
Sponsored by MDTP and the UCLA Math Department*
MDTP at UCLA is offering a five week workshop designed to support secondary math teachers in their efforts to improve their students’ mathematical understandings. In this collaborative effort, we will:
- Administer an MDTP diagnostic to establish a baseline understanding of student thinking.
- Set goals and evaluate progress.
- Explore, customize, and administer math activities that: fill-in gaps; remediate misconceptions; weave into current instruction; engage all students; support the math practices; and deepen understanding.
- Analyze and respond to student work.
The five Saturday session will be held in the UCLA Math Sciences Building on February 10, 24, March 10, 24, and April 7 – typically from 9 to 12. Enrollment is limited with preference given to educators that can attend all sessions.
A certificate of completion will be awarded to teachers attending all sessions.
Register for Saturdays at UCLA
A light breakfast and snack will be provided.
* This opportunity is provided at no cost to participants