MDTP diagnostic testing at the end of the school year provides great information to reflect on the closing school year and plan for the upcoming year.
The results reports returned to teachers can help them identify the critical math topics learned well and those that students still struggle with. Teachers can use the reports to think about their work with particular students and use that info to develop ways to better support next year’s students. It can help them dig deeper into the conceptual foundations of the math topics essential for moving forward in future math courses.
- the teacher can distribute individualized letters to students to help them identify their accomplishments and plan for summer study.
- groups of math teachers and departments can use the results as part of a professional development plan that uses formative assessment to improve instruction.
- schools can use the results to inform placement into next year’s courses and support articulation between schools.
- You may order paper and pencil testing materials at http://mdtp.ucsd.edu/k12-users/ordering-materials.html (if you prefer to wait until the beginning of the school year to test, you can order materials now, and we will ship them to you in time for your test date.)
- You may also sign-up for our new, free online testing platform.
- Note: at this time of year, teachers typically administer the MDTP test for readiness for the following year’s course e.g. an Algebra 1 teacher will administer the Geometry Readiness test.