Dear Math Educator,
During the COVID-19 pandemic, MDTP will continue to support educators remotely during distance learning and hybrid models by offering online testing on the MDTP Diagnostic (Readiness) testing platform. This platform includes the following assessments:
- Assessments of Preparedness Tests for Grades Six, Seven, and Eight
- Readiness Tests for courses in Algebra 1/Integrated Math 1 through Calculus.
If your school is back on campus and you are interested in Paper Testing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we have enough testing materials to ship and/or that we will be on campus to score scantron.
Please welcome Olympia Olaluwoye, UCLA’s new MDTP Outreach Facilitator!
I am pleased to join the MDTP program and support educators as they engage students in the world of mathematics. I have worked in education for over ten years, and l enjoy finding ways to help struggling students use real-life connections to understand mathematical concepts and strategies. – Olympia
MDTP Online Platform Password Reset on August 1st
As part of our data security protocol, all account passwords (Diagnostic & Assessment) will reset on August 1. Please make sure to log in after August 1st to reset your password by going onto https://mdtpdiagnostic.ucsd.edu/v2/login, entering your school affiliated email address and then clicking “Forgot Password.” Please check your spam folder if you did not receive a password reset email.
Upcoming Zoom Seminars
Getting Ready for Online Testing (for users new to MDTP online diagnostic testing) In this session, we will explore the MDTP online diagnostic platform, how to navigate the platform, set-up classes, and prepare for testing.
- Thursday, July 29th @ 10 – 11:30am
- Tuesday, August 3rd @ 2 – 3:30pm
Using MDTP Results to Enact Re-engagement Strategies The topics of this session include:
– Analyzing diagnostic data to identify common misconceptions
– Unpacking the mathematics needed to address the misconception
– Exploring instructional strategies to provide timely opportunities to re-engage students with the content
- Thursday, August 5th @ 1 – 2:30pm
- Saturday, September 11th @ 9 – 10:30am
** Sign up here **
Nora and Olympia